With Cherie Lathey of ‘Yoga Mama’
Saturday 6th September 2014, 10am -4pm
Pregnancy is an amazing personal journey for a woman, both mentally and physically. Practicing yoga during pregnancy can help women adapt to these changes in a positive way.
Many yoga teachers often feel they do not have enough information or the confidence to integrate pregnant women into their general classes. This one day CPD workshop will be led by “Yoga Mama “ Director and senior yoga teacher Cherie Lathey, and is approved by Yoga alliance UK. This will be both a discussion and practical workshop – teachers will leave feeling confident they have the relevant information to safely support their pregnant students.
The workshop will include:
- General precautions & guidelines
- How hormones can affect your student both physically and emotionally.
- Common ailments of pregnancy/how to work with these to ease symptoms
- The importance of transitional poses within a class
- Suitable asana/modifications
- Suitable breath work/ pranayama
- Suitable rest poses
- Mula bandha/Pelvic floor.
- Optimal foetal positioning for late pregnancy.
1 day workshop with Cherie Lathey
Saturday 6th September 2014, 10am-4pm
Cost for the day: £60
(early bird price of £55 if booked before the 1st August)